August 1, 2020
The COVID committee has completed its work and passed on the finished product to the Elder board and the staff to enact the procedures it came up with to open Lake Bible as safely as possible while still allowing worship and teaching to occur.
The staff will be communicating with you all regarding dates and times but we wanted to let you know what to expect. Our plan was conceived with the idea that 100 or more would be able to enter the building for worship services. Since that time, there have been a number of changes as to what the state is going to allow for “gatherings.”
The way the plan was developed, it can be tailored to any number of people worshipping together.
Here are some of the criteria you should all be aware of:
- There will be no Sunday School classes for the foreseeable future at this point
- There will be no childcare of any age
- Masks are mandatory for everyone over the age of 5
- Bathrooms are available for urgent issues but ask that you use the facilities at home if possible because of the cleaning requirements and the short time that service is in session
- All doors to the sanctuary will remain open to allow for maximum ventilation – please be aware that you will be warm in the summer and cool in the fall and winter. Dress appropriately. This is required to maximize air flow through the building
- Single Entrance via the nursery doors on the west side of the building. All other entrances will be locked.
- Single Exit via the doors in the front of the sanctuary. We will not be able to move around the building other than that being used for services.
- 6 foot spacing upon entering the building
- 6 foot spacing when seated though you can sit together with those that you live with
- Seating and exiting with assistance from the ushers
- When communion is taken, there will be self contained elements provided/li>
- Reservations will be required and can be made via the website or by calling the church office.
- A cleaning protocol has been developed and will utilize commercially available disinfectants with people that have been trained in their use/li>
- Offering will not be passed but will be available by dropping in a box upon exiting. You can still do tithes and offerings via the website, mail in check or in person
Our desire is to make all feel safe with the least amount of intrusion possible. We feel we have come to a reasonable medium in that regard and ask that you be patient and bear with one another as we move into this new stage of worshipping together. As things change, the website should be your main source of communication.
Two verses come to mind regarding these issues:
Let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. Heb 10:24,25
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Matt 22:37,39
Thank you for your patience during these trying times and praise the Lord He is still in charge! In Christ,
The Elder Board and Covid-19 Committee