Lake, a church where people care and truth matters. That is our heartbeat.
If you are looking for a church home or simply need a place to worship when traveling we’d love to have you join us. We are located in Lake Oswego and worship via Main Worship at 9:30 AM and Bible Classes at 11:00 AM on Sunday mornings.
Our Mission: To be Pleasing to God and Bring Him Great Glory!
We believe the mission of our church is best expressed as follows:
Build People up in Christ; Send People out for Christ; So, that they may ever increasingly Bring People to Christ all to the glory of God!
At Lake, we are seeking to be:
- A sustaining sanctuary for the spiritually deprived and depleted
- A beacon of truth and charity shining in the surrounding darkness
- An intellectual armory for equipping the saints for service
- A staging area for the rescue of the lost
Our Convictions: What We Believe
For Lake Bible Church, the Scriptures are the final authority in all matters of our faith and practice.
- …in the Lord God Almighty, Sovereign Creator of the heavens and the earth and whatever else may be.
- …that God exists in the mysterious unity of the Holy Trinity as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three Persons, but one essence.
- …in the sanctity of human life as well as the native corruption of all mankind inherited from the revolt of our original parents.
- …that all man-made religion, however sincere, represents one form or another of human rebellion against true revealed religion, manifesting and amplifying the evils of human civilization rather than fostering its elevation.
- …in the universal imperative of divine redemption through the atoning blood of Jesus, the Christ, the Son of the Living God.
- …that the penalty of sin is death in two dimensions, namely, temporal dissolution of the union of the soul and the body as well as alienation of the human spirit from God our Creator.
- …the promise of salvation from sin is by the grace of God though faith in Christ alone.
- …the gift of God to those who trust in Him is eternal life in Jesus Christ, the Son of God and one and only Savior.
- …our sacred Scriptures constitute the written word of God, mediated by the Holy Spirit through holy men of old and preserved by that self-same Spirit so that they remain fully trustworthy in all their parts and totally reliable in all they declare, rightly interpreted.
- …those Scriptures are the final authority in all matters of Christian faith and practice.
- …in the Church Universal whose Head is Jesus Christ and whose Body is comprised of all His saints of every age who truly trust in the living God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- …in the hope of the physical resurrection of all His saints through the power of the resurrected Christ upon His return.
- …in the final judgment of God upon this world and Satan, its god and its godless history of opposition to God and His sovereignty and His saints.
- …in the physical second coming of Jesus Christ to rule and reign on earth and to establish everlasting peace and justice and righteousness and to banish sin and sorrow and death.
- …in the end the saints of God win and win big and in the interim are supported by the power and wisdom and provisions of our God.
More About Lake
Lake is a family that reaches out; seeking to draw others into a right relationship with God. We want to share in the joy and fulfillment found in knowing and serving His Son, Jesus Christ. Lake people are a family that are real and down-to-earth and loves authenticity.
In a post-modern generation that has all but abandoned the pursuit of truth, we affirm the truth. We believe that what the Bible teaches, God teaches. We want biblical truth to collide with the heart and transform every aspect of your life.
We are a God-centered people and seek to discover what pleases God and then do it. Our vision is to be a church with a mega-impact, without trying to get bigger, just better:
- Better people in our relationships
- Better disciples in all our decision-making
- Better witnesses for Jesus Christ