This week, we are learning about Jesus’ death on the cross. Jesus was our substitute, taking our place on the cross and absorbing God’s wrath on our behalf so we can be forgiven and declared righteous. (See Rom. 3:25-26; Col. 2:13-15.) Jesus died to rescue sinners from slavery to sin, and when we trust in […]
Awana = Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.II Timothy 2:15
Awana is an international, non-denominational, Bible centered children’s ministry. It is for 3 year olds (by September 1, and potty trained) through 6th grade.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions and Oregon government mandates, Awana is offering a much smaller In Person Awana club this school year. We will have approximately 35 clubbers and 15 volunteers to comply with the 50 person Oregon mandate for indoor church events. Due to the size restriction, only Lake Bible Church Families and returning Awana Families will be eligible to register this year. Lake Bible Church families will be given first priority.
Everyone will be wearing masks, social distancing and following CDC guidelines. We will not be offering the Cubbie club of Awana (3 and 4 yr olds) due to the challenges of having preschoolers wear a mask and social distance.
Following the school calendar year, we meet Wednesday evenings from October to early June, 6:30–8:15 PM.
Each weekly club meeting is broken into three different elements:
- Game Time: An energetic and fun time for children to participate in active, team-oriented games around the game circle
- Handbook Time: Focused, small group time reciting Bible verses and gaining understanding of spiritual truths
- Council Time: Large group teaching time where children are encouraged by an adult in the principles of God’s Word using drama, object lessons, and instruction
- Cubbies: 3 and 4 year olds *(Closed this year due to COVID-19 restrictions.)
- Sparks: Kindergarten through 2nd Grade
- Truth and Training, Girls: 3rd through 6th Grade
- Truth and Training, Boys: 3rd through 6th Grade
Please print the following documents, fill them out, and deliver them to the church office with payment if possible. Mail service can be unpredictable. Registration is first come, first served with priority given to Lake Bible Families and returning Awana Families. Non Lake Returning Awana families will have a pending status and payments will be held until notification via email is received regarding enrollment status in late September, early October. Please check your emails regularly.