- The good news is that there is an eternal God above who created the world below and beyond, all that is or ever will be.
- The good news is God is still on His throne even as the nation is in an uproar, as its puny people devise vain things, the puppets of the Enemy take their stand, and take counsel together against the Lord and His anointed, our God who sits in the heaven laughs and scoffs at them.
- The good news is despite any appearances or ambitions to the contrary, our sovereign God rules and overrules all principalities and powers, visible and invisible, and in His day will always have His way and the last say.
- The good news is that even when to the human eye all seems out of control, our Almighty God orchestrates all things and manipulates evil men so that in the end everything on earth works out according to His will and pleasure in Heaven.
- The good news is the evil intruders into His perfect creation, Sin and Death, God has defeated at the Cross by His amazing grace through faith alone for all those of every tongue, tribe, race or nation who renounce their sins and their own works and trust in the saving merits of Christ alone.
- The good news is that by God’s grace we enjoy eternal security in our hope of salvation, even if our temporal security bursts or is on the bubble.
- The good news is that God can and will richly replace in His eternal kingdom anything of value this world might have taken from His people, life or liberty.
- The good news is that eye has not seen nor has ear heard nor has ever entered into the mind of man the immeasurable assets that God has stored up for us when Christ returns.
- The good news is that, unlike people of the world, God has given those in Christ the hope of the resurrection, a future without end and meanwhile in the present, life and that more abundantly.
- The good news is that God in His revelation has given us the benefit of infallible instruction, direction and correction in this present darkness as well as an unerring compass to guide us in and through the incessant moral distortion and confusion of our day.
- The good news is that God in His word unveils the secrets of life as it is as well as how to avoid chasing deceitful rainbows, expending and wasting ourselves in search of the mythical life the godless want it to be, but never find it.
- The good news is that God teaches us in Christ the timely paradox that those who give their lives for Him always save it and those who save it for themselves always lose it.
- The good news is that God in Christ, despite the riot and rumble of life about us, imparts to us a peace that passes understanding, a peace that can survive and even thrive and not be shattered even when we are beaten and battered.
- The good news is that God in Christ has shown us that we who have little with Him are vastly richer than those who have much without Him.
- The good news is that God has shown us that the measure of the good life does not reside in the abundance of material things one possesses or in the worldly goals that one has achieved but in the measure of the knowledge and joy of the Lord in the faithful heart.
- The good news is that God in Christ has taught us the crucial difference between victories in this life and victory over this life—over the world, the flesh and the devil.
- The good news is that God sustains us by the assurance that even if this world should hurt us, it cannot harm us in the end.
- The good news is that even if life may ‘eat our lunch,’ God’s plan still causes all things to work together for the eternal good of those who know Him and are called according to His purpose.
- The good news is that God’s plan for us is such that all the sufferings of this present world are not worthy to be compared to the glory that God has in store for us in Christ.
- The good news is that God holds our soul in such security in Christ that no matter how many things may come against us or in His providential allowance may take a piece of us, no one or nothing can strip us from our Father’s safe hand.
- The good news is that if at times we feel insufficient to cope with all that surrounds us or hounds us, our God through His Spirit gives us everything necessary for life and godliness.
- The good news is that however sorely the Adversary may attack or tempt us, God assures us that He will suffer no temptation to assail us that is not common to man or allow any so heavy or intense that we cannot bear it or must surrender to it.
- The good news is that if ever our God seems far away, and that will happen, we have His firm promise that He will never leave us or forsake us, for even when He is unseen, He is present.
- The good news is that however far we may feel from God, He is never far from us in Christ, that He is always faithful to His promises and remains in His character the same yesterday, today and forever.
- The good news is that our God is always for us, only against our sins. His desire is to change us, never crush us, but will, like a wise and good parent, do whatever is necessary to bring His best out of us and manifest His character in us.
“He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young may stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.” Isaiah 40:29-31
“Come unto Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light?” Matthew 11:28-30
With all that, what is there to complain or grumble about? This world is going to Hell in a handbasket, as the saying goes. God’s plan and purpose have neither failed or faltered. His work will prevail. Man’s opposition will never avail. God is still in charge and will do His thing on time and on the dime.
Wait on the Lord and be faithful! The good news is far greater than the bad news.