Parenting: Wise and Foolish
- By most accounts, a high percentage of this generation seems to be running off the rails. If you agree, in your perception what societal factors seem to you to be the greatest contributors to the breakdown?
- Spiritually we know the millennial generation is nothing short of a great dumpster fire. Why do you think that is?
- Considering Proverbs 22:6 (rightly interpreted), and looking at the results in kids emerging from presumably Christian homes, it seems pretty obvious that many Christian parents have in great measure defaulted on their parenting responsibilities. As you survey the parenting landscape, what parenting blunders or breakdowns do you feel best accounts for so many children who reject the faith of their fathers, (understanding that not all parents are to blame).
- If you had anything to do over as a parent (assuming you are one), what would that be?
- Think about those Christian homes (you are familiar with) that have produced godly children. Do you see any domestic patterns (common denominators) that appear instructive for young parents in raising children “in the nurture and admonition of the Lord?”