What Goes Around Comes Around…Again and Again
Listen to Sermon
- What is the historical context of this passage that precipitated Jesus’s correction of certain erroneous impressions about His agenda?
- What was the error of the scribes and Pharisee sect that misled them into thinking that Jesus’ intent was to tear down the law and the prophets?
- Are we susceptible to the same error in various forms today? Examples?
- That we are saved by grace through faith alone is an incontrovertible principle for any orthodox (or apostolic) believer. But some are confused about our relationship to the moral law of God (e.g. the Ten Commandments). Explain what’s right and what is wrong on this score. At what point can one become unintentionally unfaithful and lose standing in the Kingdom of God?
- If no one is saved or justified before God by merit (or good conduct), what did Jesus mean when He said that “unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven?”