Profile of a True Jesus Disciple: Another Mark of Authenticity
Listen to Sermon
- In this life, no person except Jesus has or ever will be “pure in heart” in any absolute sense. Explain that phraseology in historical context.
- We are always at risk of lapsing into sick religious externalism or formalism that makes a mockery of true Christianity. What are three features that tend to characterize that religious disease?
- What are some contemporary expressions or examples of this problem?
- What did Jesus mean when He promised that it is the “pure in heart” who “shall see God?”
- Practically speaking, how can we gain and better maintain “a pure heart?”