The Vital Signs of Knowing Jesus
Text: Hebrews 10:19-25
Listen to Sermon
- What does it mean to “draw near” to God (Heb 4:16 & 10:22)? Knowing that we are counted as the bride of Christ (Ephesians 5:31-32), how do we draw near?
- If you are married (or can imagine being married), what matters more in that relationship – acts of love and devotion, or a genuine heart of love? Can either exist without the other?
- What is the connection between our nearness to God and “holding fast our confession of hope” (Heb 10:23)? Does this “holding fast” merely require that we not deny our confession?
- Why is church such a critically important part of a Christian life? Is there another means of being “stirred up to love and good works” (Heb 10:24)?
- How is the diversity within the church (and even occasional discomfort) of greater value than the company of only your closest Christian friends?