Listen to Sermon
- What is the relationship between God’s redemptive work and our ongoing ministry and service to him?
- Why is it important to recognize that our worship extends beyond church into our “non-religious” activities? What does it look like to offer yourself to God in the mundane activities of life?
- Is it important to recognize the world’s influence on us? Why or why not? Why does scripture adopt the posture of “do not be conformed to this age/world”?
- Identify some specific ways this age seeks to shape you to its mold. How do we, as individuals and as a church, resist the influence and pressure of the world?
- Why do we need to be renewed in our minds? Where do you see the need for changed thinking in your life? How do you discern when your thinking is not sound?
- How does humbly offering our gifts to God contribute to the church’s mission? Think about the gifts and their functions. What role do they play in building, sending, and reaching people for Christ?
- If God is the author of the Church’s gift-diversity, what does that say about God’s intention for the church? What challenges could that diversity present for the church? What practical things can we do to maintain unity amid great diversity?