Profile of a True Disciple: Targeted for Righteousness’ Sake
Listen to Sermon
- In terms of this morning’s message, can you personally cite any instances where you believe you were targeted for being a disciple of Jesus? Have you seen instances where other believers were mistreated “for righteousness’ sake?”
- Why is it so ironic and self-condemning when non-believers harass and hate on believers just because they are disciples of Jesus?
- What did Pastor Jim mean when he said persecution in some form or other is a normative experience for disciples of Jesus? What is the scriptural basis for that statement?
- Why is it imperative that we look the prospect of religious persecution straight in the eye?
- What is it about Jesus and His disciples that sets the world’s pants on re? See John 3:16-21
- What is the great and grand good news in the bad news with respect to the prospect of religious persecution?