Not So Famous Last Words
Text: Hebrews 13:17-25
Listen to Sermon
- How would you explain the fact that the average member of any given evangelical church in America does not take Hebrews 13:17 seriously as a rule of faith and church practice? Historically what are the ramifications of this?
- We all know that in any institution, local churches included, leaders sometime go rogue. How should godly members react to such a crisis?
- Who is supposed to hold pastors accountable?
- How does having a clear conscience elevate one’s confidence in God answering prayers on our behalf, according to verse 18?
- What encouragement can we draw from the author’s words about Timothy’s apparent encouragement in verse 23?